Monday, December 05, 2011

Friend

Wrapping up a vacation in India, leaving home and heading back to work and life all by myself has never been an easy thing. To help ease this transition, I try to take back a piece of it with me;  souvenirs, pictures, Tamil movie DVDs and so on. This time there was an added bonus, the Sun and the time immemorial Sunrise. My parents are blessed to have an apartment right by the beach in Chennai, and I have an apartment quite close to the SF Bay.

It may have already been explored by tens of thousands of poets, painters and photographers; but even then,  the rays playing with the water can never become something less magical.  The beauty of a new day being born really helped bridge the gap between Besant Nagar and Foster City. What's more, my jet lag proved useful, I was ready at the beach when it was time for the sun to rise.

Chennai


San Francisco




Kannadasan had this to say about the Sun:-

You are the mother who embraces with a thousand arms,
You provide by revealing your radiant face, thus are a divine father
You bear the blazing fire within and give us the essence, thus you are a teacher,
You embrace the lowly and the mighty equally; you are more than a mother, you are God

I would like to add another line:-

I may travel to the other side of the world, but you are still there for me, thus you are my Friend, you are Mitra

3 comments:

Prashant Ramars said...

Classy post !!!!!

P B said...

Cool. Mithra is indees one of the names of Sun God. Glad to see you mentioned here.

theskymind said...

@PB you are one of the few people who understood the Pun :)